Counterfeit Parts Detection
The counterfeit market is big business. According to recent reports from both government and industry, the volume of counterfeit parts in the supply chain is increasing and the counterfeiters are only getting better at what they do. Comtech TCS staff are active on the on the JEDEC G-11 and G-12 component committees and SAE G-19 Counterfeit Electronic Parts Committee, to ensure that we are keeping up with the bad guys.
Comtech TCS inspectors trained to IDEA-STD-1010-B and certified to IDEA-ICE-3000 can perform the analysis appropriate for a given lot of parts, depending on risk factors such as source and provenance. Any subset of the listed testing can be performed to ascertain with the highest level of confidence that a part is genuine. All testing performed is in accordance with current SAE standards.
- Visual inspection
- X-ray (see if samples match internally or even have a die)
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF)
- C-mode scanning acoustic microscopy (C-SAM)
- Electrical testing: Continuity, functional, DC, AC, block testing
- Destructive physical analysis to the die level, to check mask identifiers
- Basic inspection and lot homogeneity inspection
- Fourier-transform infrared spectrometry (FTIR)
- Other nondestructive options
Official member of Electronic Retailers Association, Inc. for Counterfeit Prevention
Contact Comtech TCS Space & Component Technology
| Contact Information |